October, 2016-Colasoft nChronos v5.2
- Network segments can be grouped.
- A Network Segment Group view is added for link analysis and application performance analysis.
- Applications can be grouped.
- An Application Group view is added to display the statistics based on application groups.
- Added baseline analysis feature.
- Added baseline alarm.
- Added blacklist alarm and whitelist alarm.
- DSCP virtual interface statistics are supported.
- Added client access control list.
- LDAP authentication and Radius authentication are supported.
- Added user privilege management.
- TCP transaction analysis is provided.
- nChronos Console display style can be switched between classic style and dark style.
- Virtual interfaces can be specified to identify IP layer.
- Added recognition for Trill protocol.
- New fields are added for application performance analysis.
- An option is provided on the Web Portal to turn on/off the original packet length analysis for truncated packets.
- Segment-segment statistics are optimized.
- Traffic alarm can be defined based on the traffic statistics between segments.
- CentOS 7.1 is supported.
- Traffic alarm statistics are occasionally inaccurate.
- Client drilldown data is occasionally inaccurate for application performance analysis.
- Some applications are occasionally t not identified.
- Multiple download tasks cannot be simultaneously performed occasionally.
April, 2016-Colasoft nChronos v5.1
- Packet files can be replayed.
- IP segment based virtual interfaces support.
- Packets of user-defined applications can be stored with truncated length.
- Truncated packets can be analyzed with original length.
- DPDK support.
- System monitor information can be sent as syslog.
- VXLan protocol support
- A VXLan statistical view is provided
- nChronos service can be restarted on nChronos Server web page
- Data combination is optimized and the performance is improved.
- New statistical fields are added.
- Statistical data query efficiency is optimized.
- Inaccurate packet download progress.
- NTP synchronization cannot take effect.
- Occasional activation failure.
- Performance will be affected upon exporting statistical data.
December, 2015-Colasoft nChronos v5.0
- Add Statistics Between Segments tab in the Link Analysis view.
- Support customized field in the Reports view.
- Add Advanced Filter in the Link Analysis view.
- Support quick report generation in the Link Analysis view.
- Graphs can be displayed and exported in the Link Analysis view.
- Support View Management. Users can choose to display or hide the views as well as set displaying orders.
- Support hiding and dragging the tabs in the Link Analysis view.
- Support setting valid time range for alarms.
- Support adding multiple statistics records to an application at the same time.
- Every filed in the Link Analysis view can be set as alarm condition.
- Abnormal data display in the reports.
- Server instability when testing email server.
- nChronos Server restart failure after manual time synchronization of it.
- No-response of nChronos Console after deleting the analysis task in the Manage Downloads and Expert Analysis window.
November, 2014-Colasoft nChronos v4.3
- Multi-segment analysis is available.
- Adds a VLAN view.
- Adds a MPLS VPN view.
- Adds a Service Access view.
- Adds a Port view.
- Standard Applications can be quickly created from the Port view.
- Addresses can be quickly added to name table.
- Statistics for application performance analysis trend charts can be exported.
- Drilling an IP address down to a MAC address is now available.
- Millisecond-level traffic statistics and alarms for network links are now available.
- Application transaction alarms and application transaction alarm logs are now available.
- Storage filter is available and packets can be stored with specified length.
- Name table and network segment settings can be exported and imported in .csv format.
- Configuring uplink and downlink bandwidth for network segments is now available and alarms can be defined based on segment bandwidth utilization.
- Alarm logs can be sent to any specified email recipients.
- Downloading packets from multiple network links is now available.
- Discarding duplicated packets is now available.
- Combination analysis for IPv4 and IPv6 is now available.
- Packet size distribution statistics for applications is now available.
- Shortcut portal is now available on the Start Page.
- The packets can now be stamped with switch time.
- Display filter based on alarm severity is now available for alarm views.
- The display filter is optimized.
- Adds a column on the Network Link page for displaying the real-time link traffic.
- The traffic statistical method for TCP/UDP conversations is optimized.
- SMTP settings are optimized.
- The switch of Time Window is optimized.
- The Report window is optimized.
- Applications in predefined library can be disabled/enabled.
- Activation Wizard is optimized.
- 7,000 Mbps real-time capture and analysis performance is now available.
- The Summary view is optimized by graphically displaying the statistics.
- Alarm definition is optimized by adding alarm creator and alarm create time.
- More than 20 trigger parameters are added for application alarms.
vAdds statistical parameters for applications, such as TCP window size, two-way ACK delay for TCP conversations, and client idle time.
- Console vulnerability during replaying packets.
- Console vulnerability upon querying transaction logs of more than 2MB.
- Console vulnerability or download speed of 0bps when downloading packets from large time window.
November, 2013-Colasoft nChronos v4.1
- Provides system reports and report modules.
- Users can define hourly reports, daily reports, weekly reports, and monthly reports.
- Application transaction content can be analyzed and saved.
- Drilldown analysis is available for domain alarms.
- Traffic alarms can be defined based on network segment.
- The downloads management interface is optimized.
- The link properties import interface is optimized, and users can specify which items to be imported.
- 24 new trigger conditions are added for traffic alarms.
- The query policy for TCP and UDP conversations is optimized, and queries start from the end of selected duration with the query length of 600 seconds.
- The settings on Server Administration Portal are classified.
- The notification settings interface is optimized, and the SMTP settings are separated from recipient addresses.
- The statistics query speed is improved.
- nChronos Server instability due to queries of lots of alarm logs is fixed.
- nChronos Console instability due to drilldown queries is fixed.
- nChronos Console instability due to the refresh of the Application Monitor window and Application Performance Analysis window is fixed.
- nChronos Console crash due to the save of more than top 1000 statistical items.
- Packet files cannot be replayed or cannot be replayed partly.
- There are sometimes no statistics on the analysis views under 1-Hour Window.
- There are sometimes no statistics on the analysis views under 10-Day Window.
June, 2013-Colasoft nChronos v4.0
- nChronos Console
Real-time status monitor of customized applications.
Performance analysis of customized applications.
Adds transaction analysis of HTTP-based web applications.
Transaction logs are added to display transaction details.
Alarms on applications can be defined now.
You can define fields for any custom applications.
A Top Segments pane is provided to display the instant traffic of defined network segments.
The properties of a network link can be exported and imported.
Multiple packet files can be replayed simultaneously.
You can now reactivate an nChronos Server by an nChronos Console.
Added Custom Reporting capability for individual nodes within the Node Explorer of Expert Analyzer.
The network connection speed between nChronos Server and nChronos Console can be tested.
- nChronos Server
Added IPv6 analysis.
A Service Manager is provided to manage the service for nChronos Server.
nChronos Server can be activated by a Service Manager or by an nChronos Console.
A user type of auditor is added to dedicatedly view the audit logs.
You can now allocate the storage space to statistics, packets, alarm logs, and transaction logs as required.
You can now set the date and time manually by setting the time zone or synchronize the time with an Internet time server.
A predefined library function is provided to import predefined system applications and signature alarms.
Configurations of nChronos Server can be saved for further use.
Configurations of nChronos Server can be imported.
- nChronos Console
Customized applications consist of Standard Applications, Web Applications, and Signature Applications.
Trend charts on the real-time window are optimized that you can view several types of trend charts simultaneously.
The Top Hosts pane and the Top Applications pane each provide an up-to-the-second display of top items as well as the traffic of each item and a pie chart to show the bandwidth utilization of the top items.
The settings about an nChronos Server are moved to the Server side to be configured, while nChronos Console only keeps the settings about a network link.
Packet library function is improved so that you can now manage the packet files more flexibly.
You can now directly replay packet files without adding them to a packet library.
The security policy is optimized with locking an IP address instead of a user account when triggering the thresholds.
- nChronos Server
Supports 64-bit operating system.
2000Mbps of processing capability.
Optimized security policy. The IP address having a count exceeding the number of failed logon attempts will be locked out, instead of the user account.
August, 2012-Colasoft nChronos v3.1
- nChronos Console
40-Day Time Window is now available for much longer traffic trends display and analysis.
You can now get real-time key traffic statistics and charts, such as throughput, Top IP talkers and Top application talkers, to understand what are consuming the bandwidth.
You can view statistics by network segments, groups and VLAN's, and filter data by segments.
Statistic data now can be exported to .csv files, and be used by other applications to generate reports.
You can now highlight the objects, such as applications, IP addresses, MAC addresses and network segments, and view their data in a new window to eliminate interference from irrelevant data of other objects.
nChronos can now monitor sensitive words that you specify in email title and/or content. An email alarm will be triggered when a keyword is found in an email.
You can now use domain alarms to monitor the web visit activities to certain domains, URLs and IP addresses.
You can now use signature alarms to build complicated rules to detect anomalies in TCP/UDP flow, bit by bit, an advanced function for senior professionals to detect new computer virus and attacking, etc.
- nChronos Server
You can now define network segments to get statistics for each network segment or VLAN.
- Expert Analyzer
You can now choose analysis profile and configure the analyzer while starting the built-in analyzer to perform deep-packet-inspection and forensics analysis.
The views of the built-in analyzer add searching function which allows you to enter keywords as filters to hide irrelevant data.
- You can now add new report with user-defined name and optional statistic items.
- Packets can be highlighted and noted.
- The Start Page is redesigned to show more information to help you get started, and understand the new features of nChronos.
- Packets download function works more accurately and more flexible options are available.
- The built-in analyzer works more smoothly with nChronos server when it's started to receive packet data from the server.
- The search function in views remembers the keywords that you used, and searching with multiple keywords is also available.
- Traffic Alarm is enhanced with advanced options for building complicated rules to monitor traffic pattern.
- The Alarm view shows more types of alarms and more options to filter and organize alarm events.
- The Ribbon on the built-in analyzer, other than original Capsa network analyzer, is simplified, and unnecessary icons are removed.
- Packet download is unstable and could consume excessive resources on an nChronos server.
- Statistic views display wrong data sometimes.
- Packets could appear twice while using multiple NICs to capture packets.
- A value for analysis object could crash the built-in analyzer.
August, 2011-Colasoft nChronos v3.0
- High packet capture performance
nChronos supports capturing and analyzing packets on 10M/100M/1000M networks at line speed, and support capturing from multi-NICs to aggregate network traffic.
- Massive data storage
>nChronos provides massive data collection and store from 2TB to unlimited space (edition differences), recording the network traffic for days, weeks or even months.
- Distributed deployment and centralized remote management
nChronos server software can be installed and deployed on multi-locations of critical links for long-term and real-time traffic monitoring. nChronos console software can be installed and deployed at remote or local network to connect and manage nChronos servers.
- Visualized traffic history trend charts
nChronos displays traffic history trend charts with flexible time granularity of one second to one hour, helps view the traffic pattern at any time span and rapidly retrieve anomaly traffic. There are four types of traffic history charts available:
1) Traffic volume (Outbound/Inbound/Internal/Other traffic)
2) Packets (Outbound/Inbound/Internal/Other packet count)
3) TCP traffic analysis (TCP SYN/TCP SYN-ACK/TCP RST packet count)
4) Traffic utilization (Inbound/Outbound)
- Retrospectively analyze the historical traffic
nChronos rewinds the historical traffic efficiently to reproduce previous and transient network problems, helping fast diagnose and resolve the difficult network problems. Users can select and view the historical traffic by:
1) User-defined Time Window
2) Time Span selector
3) Downloading and storing the historical packets with nChronos Analyzer
4) Downloading and analyzing packets with Expert Analyzer
5) Packet file library replay
- Data mining
nChronos provides high-performance data mining technology based on time and network objects, helping users to drill-down the interesting traffic from multi-dimension and multi-layers by:
1) Time range
3) IP address
4) Physical address
5) IP conversation
6) Physical conversation
- Customized network application
nChronos supports hundreds of network applications. Moreover, users can define a network application by:
1) IP address/IP address range
2) Port number/port number range
3) The combination of above two types
- User-defined alarm settings
nChronos provides user-defined alarm settings. User can customize the conditions to trigger or clear alarms, to create, edit, or delete alarms. User can also setup alarms log sending to a designated Syslog server or an email address.
- Name tables
nChronos can create aliases for IP nodes and MAC nodes for effective management and analysis.
- Network links management
nChronos can configure and manage multi links, providing network data collecting and analyzing for critical network links.
- User account management
nChronos provides management of user accounts and privileges. Administrator account and user account are offered different level of privileges for security reason.
Contact for the technical problems, or for other questions about this product.