The latest upgraded versions of all Colasoft products are listed below. If you are commercial customers within the maintenance period, you can easily upgrade to the latest product version free of charge; If your maintenance license has expired, you have to renew your maintenance license first to get upgraded to the latest version by clicking here or contact
Latest Product News
November 13, 2013-Colasoft nChronos 4.1 Released
- Provides system reports and report modules.
- Users can define hourly reports, daily reports, weekly reports, and monthly reports.
- Application transaction content can be analyzed and saved.
- Drilldown analysis is available for domain alarms.
- Traffic alarms can be defined based on network segment.
- The downloads management interface is optimized.
- The link properties import interface is optimized, and users can specify which items to be imported.
- 24 new trigger conditions are added for traffic alarms.
- The query policy for TCP and UDP conversations is optimized, and queries start from the end of selected duration with the query length of 600 seconds.
- The settings on Server Administration Portal are classified.
- The notification settings interface is optimized, and the SMTP settings are separated from recipient addresses.
- The statistics query speed is improved.
- nChronos Server instability due to queries of lots of alarm logs is fixed.
- nChronos Console instability due to drilldown queries is fixed.
- nChronos Console instability due to the refresh of the Application Monitor window and Application Performance Analysis window is fixed.
- nChronos Console crash due to the save of more than top 1000 statistical items.
- Packet files cannot be replayed or cannot be replayed partly.
- There are sometimes no statistics on the analysis views under 1-Hour Window.
- There are sometimes no statistics on the analysis views under 10-Day Window.
June 19, 2013-Colasoft nChronos 4.0 Released
- Real-time status monitor of customized applications.
- Performance analysis of customized applications.
- Adds transaction analysis of HTTP-based web applications.
- Transaction logs are added to display transaction details.
- Alarms on applications can be defined now.
- You can define fields for any custom applications.
- A Top Segments pane is provided to display the instant traffic of defined network segments.
- The properties of a network link can be exported and imported.
- Multiple packet files can be replayed simultaneously.
- You can now reactivate an nChronos Server by an nChronos Console.
- Added Custom Reporting capability for individual nodes within the Node Explorer of Expert Analyzer.
- The network connection speed between nChronos Server and nChronos Console can be tested.
- Added IPv6 analysis.
- A Service Manager is provided to manage the service for nChronos Server.
- nChronos Server can be activated by a Service Manager or by an nChronos Console.
- A user type of auditor is added to dedicatedly view the audit logs.
- You can now allocate the storage space to statistics, packets, alarm logs, and transaction logs as required.
- You can now set the date and time manually by setting the time zone or synchronize the time with an Internet time server.
- A predefined library function is provided to import predefined system applications and signature alarms.
- Configurations of nChronos Server can be saved for further use.
- Configurations of nChronos Server can be imported.
- Customized applications consist of Standard Applications, Web Applications, and Signature Applications.
- Trend charts on the real-time window are optimized that you can view several types of trend charts simultaneously.
- The Top Hosts pane and the Top Applications pane each provide an up-to-the-second display of top items as well as the traffic of each item and a pie chart to show the bandwidth utilization of the top items.
- The settings about an nChronos Server are moved to the Server side to be configured, while nChronos Console only keeps the settings about a network link.
- Packet library function is improved so that you can now manage the packet files more flexibly.
- You can now directly replay packet files without adding them to a packet library.
- The security policy is optimized with locking an IP address instead of a user account when triggering the thresholds.
- Supports 64-bit operating system.
- 2000Mbps of processing capability.
- Optimized security policy. The IP address having a count exceeding the number of failed logon attempts will be locked out, instead of the user account.
February 26, 2013-Capsa Network Analyzer 7.7 Released
Capsa Network Analyzer 7.7 is released with many new features, improvements and bugs fixed as below.
- Adds the identification and decoding of the protocols: SIP, SDP, MEGACO/H.248, MGCP, Q931, SAP, H.225, RMI, Oracle, MMS, GOOSE, SMV, and GMRP.
- Alarm notification now by both audio and email.
- Added Custom Reporting capability for individual nodes within the Node Explorer.
- The Analysis Profile Settings dialog box could not be closed when a scheduled project was running.
- Restored the manufacturer information for the Colasoft MAC Scanner.
- Resolved Checksum Error in the Summary column on the Packet view when decoding UDP protocol under IPv6.
- Eliminated program crash during packet file replay.
- No packets were captured when a capture using multiple NICs was stopped and restarted again.
August 16, 2012 - Colasoft nChronos 3.1 Released
Capability, Customization, User Experience, All Enhanced in nChronos 3.1
Chengdu, China - August 16, 2012 – Colasoft, an innovative provider of network analysis software and solutions, today announced a new version of its flagship product, nChronos back-in-time network analysis solution. Capability, customization and user experience are all enhanced in v3.1 which allow network administrators to easily complete back-in-time and real-time network analysis on high performance enterprise networks over a long period of time.
nChronos now delivers real-time network monitoring, key real-time traffic statistics and charts are available, such as throughput and top IP talkers. It helps maintain a productive enterprise network by providing visibility of the bandwidth usage. Besides, it provides long-term packet capturing and recording, you can zoom in any traffic anomaly which needs deeper investigation and rapidly find out the root to solve the problem. Now, 40-Day time window is available, much longer traffic trends can be displayed and analyzed.
"Our customers want to control both back-in-time and real-time network,” said Kang Lin, Vice President at Colasoft. “The new nChronos capability fulfills both of these needs, and unlike existing solutions in the market, we enable customers enjoy this without paying a high price for what is fundamentally a very simple software solution. It is more flexible."
Also, alarm is the first line of defense for business networks. Alarm is critical for network administrators to instantly identify and resolve network problems. Practical alarms including email, domain and signature alarms are now available. Traffic anomaly alarm is also enhanced which enables you customize alarms with complicated thresholds to monitor network faults and abnormal activities.
The new nChronos also optimized user interface, security settings and activation mechanism which make a better user experience.
The evaluation version is now available at Colasoft website www.colasoft.com.
June 20, 2012 - Colasoft Announced the Release of Capsa Network Analyzer v7.6
Chengdu, China-June 20, 2012 - Colasoft, a leading provider of innovative network analysis software solutions, today announced the newest version of Capsa Network Analyzer, a real-time portable network analyzer for wired and wireless network monitoring, troubleshooting and analysis.
The most sparkling new features added in v7.6 is analysis task scheduler. Users can set up a schedule for a customized analysis project. The scheduled analysis project is able to start automatically as one time, daily, or weekly task. By conducting a few steps of settings, Capsa network analyzer makes the IT professionals work easier and more flexible with task scheduler.
Besides, Global Configurations which consist of adapter, network profile, analysis profile, dashboard, matrix and report can be exported and imported. This will save time to reset those configurations when moving Capsa from one machine to another.
Additionally, filters and reports are both enhanced. Display filters are provided for isolating and viewing particular items, and report with user-defined name and optional statistic items is available.
“This release makes a big improvement in the ease-of-use, helps isolate and pinpoint network problems faster”, said Kang Lin, Vice President at Colasoft, “the better and easier you can use a network analyzer to monitor and troubleshoot your network, the higher the enterprise working efficiency will be”.
New features in Capsa Network Analyzer 7.6:
- Unique Analysis Task Scheduler Used to Preset Time for Analysis Projects;
- Global Configurations Can Be Exported & Imported;
- Display Filters Are Provided for Isolating & Viewing Particular Items;
- Report with User-defined Name & Optional Statistic Items is Available.
Capsa 7.6 runs under Windows XP/2003/2008/Vista/7. A trial version is available for download.
September 26, 2011-Capsa Network Analyzer 7.5 Released
Capsa Network Analyzer 7.5 is released with many new features, improvements and bugs fixed as below.
- Powerful TCP flow analysis for application performance optimization.
- Add ICQ monitor to analyze and log ICQ activities.
- Support RADIUS protocol analysis.
- Intuitive TCP transaction sequence diagram.
- Enhanced user interface & performance.
The layout of Tab view has been optimized, and the computer resource usage is reduced significantly.
- The log view statistics are inaccurrately retrieved and displayed sometimes.
- Occasionally, the program keeps reactivating after a couple of days running.
- Reports can not dispaly properly sometimes.
- Bugs in ICMPv4 module.
- when a project file is replayed, the size of cscproj project file can be automatically changed.
- Random failure to export a report to PDF.
August 25, 2011-Colasoft Launches Industry’s First Retrospective Network Analysis Freeware
Colasoft today announced the release of nChronos Free, the industry’s first retrospective network analysis freeware and rapid continuous network traffic capturing and analysis solution which offers great capabilities in troubleshooting real-time networks and fastest drilling down to back-in-time network analysis to thousands of network professionals.
Key Features of nChronos Free:
- Perform 7x24 real-time packet capturing to storage for application and network forensics analysis and back-in-time troubleshooting.
- Efficient drill-down for traffic data-mining and index for rapid data retrieval and application isolation.
- Provide detailed statistics of protocols, IP/TCP conversations, network utilization to baseline and visualized trends of network performance.
- Monitor critical events on any critical links with customizable alerts.
- In-depth network traffic analysis to optimize performance.
For more product news and the details, please refer to our news center.